For the longest time I've been looking for a solution to block stray light at my current observing location in Central Park. The lampposts at TotL are further apart than most of the lampposts surrounding the Great Lawn but they still create enough glare to make observing difficult.
Central Park Lamppost
An articulated arm that could hold a light shield seemed like the right solution but I couldn't easily find one on-line. I finally went down to B&H Photo to take a look around. Nobody in the store could point me to the right product so I decided to hit the lighting section. Nothing on display seemed right. Too heavy!
After roaming around the department for a few minutes I saw two products. Both had articulated arms that could clip-on to a tripod and both had clamps on the end. The smaller of the two seemed to fit the bill. The neck is 19" long with 33 articulations. I also purchased a 12" round black/silver light shield.
This should do the trick!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment